Healthy Pumpkin Bread
This is a great recipe for a fall-inspired treat that’s a healthier alternative to traditional pumpkin bread recipes. With whole wheat and oat flour, coconut oil, and Greek yogurt, this sweet pumpkin bread is moist, flavorful, and full of seasonal goodness.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup uncooked oats, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- Optional Topping: ¼ cup oats, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine wheat flour, ¾ cup of oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add pumpkin puree to wet ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ¼ cup of oats, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, ground cinnamon, and maple syrup. Sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.