A Cuban Flair for Havana Chicken
Nothing says “Cuban flair” like a traditional dish of Havana Chicken. With a savory marinade, tangy aroma and sweet smokiness, this Cuban classic will have you feeling like you’ve been transported to the hot and humming central streets of Havana.
- 1-2 lb of chicken breasts (at least 4-6 pieces)
- 2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp of chili flakes
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 3-4 Garlic cloves (chopped)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper (to season)
- In a large bowl, combine the smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, chili flakes, garlic cloves, olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, sweet chili sauce, honey, fresh thyme, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Place the chicken in the bowl and turn to evenly coat with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to marinate 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish or roasting pan, reserving the marinade for later. Roast for about 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and let boil for about 5-7 minutes to reduce the liquid and thicken the consistency.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and spoon the reduced marinade over the chicken.
- Serve Havana Chicken with your favorite sides (rice, plantains, beans, etc.). Enjoy!
So there you have it—the classic and savory Havana Chicken dish! For a truly elevated Cuban experience, you really can’t go wrong with this zesty and tasty recipe. Whether you’re on a special evening out with friends or family, or wanting to stay in and savor the tantalizing flavors of Cuba, this Cuban-inspired dish is the perfect meal. So be sure to try out your own special spin on the classic Havana Chicken tonight!