Grandma’s Smothered Chicken: A Recipe that Will Leave You Feelin’ Warm and Fuzzy
Are you craving a comforting, homemade meal? Look no further than Grandma’s smothered chicken! This classic comfort food packs a flavorful punch and always delivers amazing results. The dish can be enjoyed any night of the week and is sure to become a family favorite in no time.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to uniform thickness
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture over the chicken breasts and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened. Add the white wine and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat to low and add the chicken breasts to the skillet. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve. Enjoy!
Grandma’s Smothered Chicken: A Meal that Will Keep You Warm All Winter Long
This delicious comfort food is sure to become a family favorite. Grandma’s smothered chicken is packed with flavor and can be enjoyed any night of the week. The mix of mushrooms and onions adds a tasty kick while the smoked paprika helps infuse the dish with warmth and comfort. Enjoy this classic dish today and feel the warmth of Grandma’s kitchen all winter long!