Delightful Goldilocks Chocolate Cake
Preparing and baking chocolate cakes are not only enjoyable, but can be a very rewarding time spent in the kitchen. Whether giving it as a thoughtful gift, or savoring a first bite, nothing can compare to a delicious chocolate cake. One recipe that surely comes to mind is the classic, yet scrumptious, Goldilocks Chocolate Cake.
Today’s moist, rich chocolate cake is a departure from the traditional chocolate layers filled with creams and frostings. This Goldilocks Chocolate Cake delights the senses with a delicate sweet flavor that brings together a cookie-like crust, crisp bottom and moist center.
Ingredients for the Cake:
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup boiled hot water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the 9×9 inch pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift the cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour together.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until softened.
- Add the sugar and melted butter and beat on medium-high until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients, being sure to mix them in thoroughly.
- Pour the boiled hot water into the mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes before serving.
This mouthwatering Goldilocks Chocolate Cake will be the talk of the table. Serve it with ice cream, fresh whipped cream, or with any of your favorite toppings. Alternatively, you can drizzle a cream cheese glaze on top for an extra velvety texture.
To make the cream cheese glaze:
Ingredients for the Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, and butter until they are fully combined.
- Stir in the lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Spread the cream cheese glaze over the cooled cake.
This Goldilocks Chocolate Cake is so easy to make and full of charming flavors. It will be sure to please your friends and family by delivering a tantalizing delight that is sure to make them come back for more.