Brewing up something sweet: German Beer Cake
Let’s face it – there’s nothing better than a sweet treat to accompany a cold beer on a relaxing evening. But what if we told you we could combine the two together into one delicious creation? Enter German Beer Cake: a classic dessert that’s perfect for beer lovers.
A Bavarian Taste of Heaven
Originating in Bavaria, this traditional German cake is a delightful mix of hop, malt, butter and sugar. Plus, it’s so easy to make, with simple ingredients and no baking necessary. So gather up some beer and butter, and let’s get baking. No, actually, wait…let’s get mixing.
A Recipe for Dreamers
Thanks to this incredibly simple recipe, you’ll have your cake and eat it – quickly!
– 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
– 1/2 cup of sugar
– 1 12oz beer
– 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Cream the butter and the sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
2. Add the beer and mix it together until it’s thoroughly blended.
3. Fold in the self-rising flour, a bit at a time, until the mixture is just combined.
4. Grease a 9-inch cake pan, and pour in the batter.
5. Bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool before serving – but don’t wait too long!
Get your German Beer Cake today!
So what are you waiting for? Get your oven preheated and whip up this traditionally delicious dessert. Add a pinch of salt and a bit of sugar, and you’re all set for the ultimate beer cake experience.
This delightful recipe is a great way to add some sweetness to your night. Plus, it’s a wonderful way to showcase the cultures and flavors of Germany – so why not have a slice of heaven with your next brew?