An Exotic Treat: Fruit Pound Cake
Have you ever tried the ultimate combination of fruit and pound cake? If not, it’s time to introduce your taste buds to this exotic burst of flavor. Fruit pound cake is a perfect way to bring together classic flavors with a touch of something special.
For a homemade fruit pound cake, try this light and flavorful recipe.
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 3 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 3/4 cup sour cream
• 2 cups fresh fruit, diced (try peaches, apples, pineapples, or strawberries)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Grease and flour one 9×5 inch loaf pan.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
5. Alternately add the flour mixture and sour cream to the butter/sugar mixture. Fold in the diced fruit.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan.
7. Bake for 55-65 minutes in the preheated oven. Check the cake after 50 minutes by inserting a toothpick into the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
8. Allow to cool before serving.
Fruit pound cake combines the classic taste of pound cake with a unique twist. This dessert is ideal in any season; the tart tang of the diced fruit gives the cake a tart flavor, while the sweetness of the cake balances everything out. There’s no doubt that it’s a treat that will stay with you!
It’s a simple recipe too, so anyone can make it. And because it combines classic baking elements with modern flavors, it pairs well with a variety of accompaniments, from coffee to teas, jams, and yogurt parfaits.
Fruit pound cake is a great spin on an already delicious confection. Try it today and tantalize your taste buds with a delightful puzzle of flavors.