Ahh the sweet smell of salty, crispy fried chicken. The succulent and savory perfection of a well-seasoned fried chicken has been a popular dish all around the world. The recipe I’m sharing with you today is a unique take on this classic dish – Fried Chicken Hawaii. This dish embraces both the flavors of the Southwest and the Pacific, making it a unique combination of cultures and tastes.
Fried Chicken Hawaii Recipe
– 2 lbs. chicken thighs
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons chili powder
– 2 teaspoons garlic powder
– 2 teaspoons salt
– 2 teaspoons black pepper
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 4 slices cooked pineapple
– 4 slices cooked ham
– 4 slices Swiss cheese
– ½ cup prepared teriyaki sauce
1. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Dredge each chicken thigh in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
4. Place the chicken in the skillet and cook for 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Remove the chicken from the skillet and place on a plate.
6. Top each chicken thigh with a piece of pineapple, ham and Swiss cheese.
7. Drizzle each piece with the prepared teriyaki sauce.
8. Place the skillet in the oven under the broiler for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve the Fried Chicken Hawaii with a side of roasted vegetables and a chilled glass of pineapple juice for a delicious and unique meal.
Fried Chicken Hawaii is the perfect way to introduce a new flavor profile to your fried chicken bucket list. With its unique combination of sweet and salty flavors, this unique dish is sure to be a hit in any home. If you are feeling a bit more adventurous, you can also try adding other ingredients such as bacon, grilled onions, and fresh herbs. Trust me, your taste buds will be thanking you.
No matter how you make it, Fried Chicken Hawaii is a culinary delight that never ceases to surprise and delight. So if you’re looking for a way to switch up your fried chicken routine, this recipe is for you!