French Crepes are a traditional and classic breakfast favorite. They are a unique type of thin pancakes that can be either savory or sweet. They are perfect served as a light breakfast, brunch, or even as a dessert. French Crepes are surprisingly easy to make at home, and you can use any type of topping for them. They are also very versatile – you can make them light and crispy or thick and fluffy.
– 1 cup of flour
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup of milk
– 2 tablespoons of melted butter
– 2 tablespoons of sugar
– Pinch of salt
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
1. Sift the flour into a bowl and add the salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter, sugar, and vanilla extract (if using).
3. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
4. Heat a lightly oiled non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
5. Scoop the batter into the pan using a ladle or measuring cup. Tilt and rotate the pan until the batter coats the entire surface.
6. Cook for 2 minutes, then flip, and cook for another minute.
7. Serve the crepes with desired toppings, such as fresh fruit, chocolate syrup, or nutella. Enjoy!