Festive Bison Wellingtons For A Special Dinner
The holidays are a magical time of year, and the perfect excuse for a special dinner. If you’re looking for something extra special for your holiday feast, then you should try these festive Bison Wellingtons. This dish may seem daunting, but it’s actually quite simple to make and the flavor and presentation will wow your guests.
-1 lb ground bison
-1 package pre-made puff pastry dough
-1 large sweet potato, diced
-1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
-1 large onion, diced
-2 celery stalks, diced
-2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
-2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, minced
-Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large skillet, cook bison over medium-high heat, breaking it up into small crumbles as it cooks. Once cooked through and lightly browned, remove from heat and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, add sweet potatoes, garlic, onions, celery, thyme, and rosemary and cook until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add bison back to the pan and mix everything together.
5. Cut puff pastry dough into four equal sized circles, about 6-inches in diameter. Place a heaping spoonful of bison and vegetable mix on one half of each pastry circle, leave about ½ inch around the edges.
6. Fold pastry over and press edges together to seal. Use a fork to crimp sealed edges.
7. Cut 3-4 small slits in each pastry round to release steam.
8. Place wellingtons on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
9. Serve warm. Enjoy!
These festive Bison Wellingtons will bring elegance and festivity to your holiday feast. They’re sure to be a hit with your family and friends. The combination of bison and vegetables inside the puff pastry is classic and delicious, and the presentation is sure to wow your guests. Serve these beautiful Wellingtons at your next holiday get-together for a truly special dining experience.