Dorito Crusted Chicken – A Crunchy and Tasty Upgrade to the Classic
This dorito crusted chicken is a creative twist on an old favorite. Taking the classic fried chicken and adding a unique and flavorful crunch that comes from crushed dorito chips, this dish is sure to be a hit!
The key to this recipe lies in the combination of cultures and cuisines. We start with plain old chicken pieces, which are then coated in a spicy mix of Mexican-style ingredients, before being dredged in dorito chips, creating an exciting and flavor-bursting finish.
For the coating, we combine crushed dorito chips with a mix of Italian herbs and spices, such as basil, oregano, and marjoram, as well as garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and a pinch of cayenne. These flavors create a unique and intense burst that is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
– 4 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
– 1 cup crushed dorito chips
– 1 teaspoon Italian herbs (basil, oregano, marjoram)
– ½ teaspoon garlic powder
– ½ teaspoon cumin
– ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
– Pinch of cayenne pepper
– ½ cup all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon hot sauce
– 2 eggs, lightly beaten
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. In a shallow dish, combine the crushed dorito chips, Italian herbs, garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper.
3. Place the flour in a shallow dish and season it with salt and pepper.
4. In another shallow dish, whisk together the hot sauce and eggs.
5. Dip each chicken thigh into the flour, then shake off any excess. Dip the flour-coated chicken into the egg mixture, then coat it in the dorito chip mix. Press the mix firmly onto the chicken to make sure it’s evenly coated.
6. Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and melt the butter and olive oil together.
7. When the pan is hot, carefully add the chicken thighs and cook for about 4 minutes per side until the dorito crust is golden-brown and crispy.
8. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet or baking dish, then place it in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
9. Serve with a side of vegetables or a salad. Enjoy!
This dorito crusted chicken makes a memorable and delicious meal that is sure to win the approval of any crowd. The Mexican-inspired flavors in the coating are balanced by the Italian herbs, creating an interesting and complex flavor profile that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. Serve it up with a side of vegetables or a salad and you have a dish that is just as delicious as it is unique. If you’re looking for an upgrade to your traditional fried chicken, give this dorito crusted chicken a try!