Reviving The Devilish Deviled Crab Cake
It’s time to bring back the decadent delicacy known as the Deviled Crab Cake. Sure, it may be called ‘deviled’ because of the signature blend of spices such as paprika, garlic, and cayenne pepper that is added to the mixture, but don’t be fooled! This is definitely an incredibly complex and delicious creation that you probablly never knew your tongue was missing.
This delectable dish is made from back fin crab meat, eggs, mayonnaise, and the aforementioned spices, combined with a delicious coating of panko and melted butter. Each bite is crunchy, creamy and unbelievably delectable, leaving you wanting more and more.
- 2 lbs back fin crab meat
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 4-5 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine crab meat, eggs, mayonnaise, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and white pepper. Stir until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Form mixture into 2-3 inch patties.
- In a shallow dish, spread out panko breadcrumbs.
- Dip each patty into the panko crumbs, making sure to thoroughly coat each patty.
- Place patties on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Brush melted butter generously over each patty.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let patties cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
These crab cakes make a great appetizer or main course. Serve them hot off the baking sheet with a tasty remoulade or homemade tartar sauce. You can also opt for an entrée salad with these crab cakes as the star of the show. Serve on top of a bed of greens, a scoop of creamy coleslaw and a handful of your favourite crunchy vegetables, such as cucumbers, peppers, and shredded carrots.
No matter how you decide to serve them, be prepared for your guests to be asking for the recipe. It’s no secret that the Deviled Crab Cake is a thing of beauty! So get cooking, and enjoy!