Chorizo Lasagna – A Tasty Treat for the Whole Family!
Spicy chorizo pairs deliciously with the sweetness of tomatoes and creaminess of cheese – and when combined in a classic Italian dish like lasagna, it creates a marvelous comfort food worthy of any night’s dinner. This chorizo lasagna puts a flavorful and unique twist on the traditional dish with its smoky flavors, layering of creamy ricotta, and a layer of pepper jack cheese on top.
Lasagna is one of those dishes that can please any palate – it’s creamy and cheesy, savory and a great way to use up leftovers in your refrigerator. But chorizo lasagna is something special. The spicy kick of the chorizo compliments the creaminess of the ricotta and the umami flavor of the tomato sauce. The grated pepper jack cheese makes for a delightful melty topping.
• 12 lasagna noodles
• 1 lb. chorizo, ground
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 tsp. oregano
• 1/2 tsp. paprika
• 2 cans (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
• 1 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. black pepper
• 2 cups ricotta cheese
• 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
• 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions until al dente and drain.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chorizo, garlic, oregano, and paprika together until chorizo is browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
4. Add diced tomatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese.
6. To assemble the lasagna, spread 1/3 of the chorizo sauce in an even layer in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
7. Layer lasagna noodles over the chorizo sauce.
8. Spread half of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles.
9. Top with 1/3 of the remaining chorizo sauce.
10. Layer the remaining lasagna noodles over the sauce.
11. Spread the remaining ricotta cheese over the noodles.
12. Top with the remaining chorizo sauce.
13. Sprinkle with the remaining pepper jack cheese.
14. Cover the lasagna with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
15. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted and lasagna is bubbling.
16. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for a unique twist on a classic Italian dish, give this chorizo lasagna a try! Get ready to feel the flavor from the spiciness of the chorizo to the sweetness of the tomatoes. The creamy ricotta in combination with the melty pepper jack cheese makes for a delicious and comforting dish. Serve the chorizo lasagna with a side of greens and it becomes a perfect meatless option for your weeknight dinner. Bon appétit!