We are all familiar with chocolate desserts and their deliciousness, but have you ever experienced a truly amazing cake that could bring your taste buds to a whole new level? Meet the Chocolate Eruption Cake: a delightful and daring combination of rich dense chocolate and smooth, creamy chocolate ganache. This crowd-pleasing dish is guaranteed to leave a lasting impression on your senses.
The secret behind this stunning treat is a combination of sweet and savory flavors. A brownie-like base is made with dark chocolate, cocoa powder, and melted butter. Then, to add richness and depth, chocolate ganache and chopped up Hershey’s chocolate bars are spread generously on top of the batter. The resulting cake is not only exquisitely fluffy, but full of exquisite pockets of intensely rich chocolate.
To top it all off, Chocolate Eruption Cake is garnished with a drizzle of melted semisweet chocolate. This added salty-sweet addition infuses the entire cake with one more unique layer of flavor – think oreo cookie crumbles, but with a side of luxuriously smooth ganache.
Making this decadent dish is a fun and rewarding experience that requires very little effort on the cook’s part. All in all, this recipe is a must-try for any chocoholic looking for an ultra-indulgent experience. This cake is truly a masterpiece, merging flavors from across the world to make a unique, exotic, and simply unforgettable delicacy.
Chocolate Eruption Cake
– 1/2 cup of dark chocolate
– 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
– 1/2 cup of melted butter
– 5 oz of chopped Hershey’s chocolate bars
– 2 cups of heavy cream
– 2 tablespoons of sugar
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9-inch cake pan with butter.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together dark chocolate, cocoa powder and melted butter until smooth.
3. Spread the mixture evenly over the bottom of the greased cake pan.
4. Sprinkle chopped Hershey’s chocolate bars over the top of the chocolate mixture.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the top becomes shiny and lightly golden.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate ganache by heating heavy cream and sugar in a saucepan over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
7. Remove from heat and add in vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
8. Pour the ganache over the top of the baked cake. Let cool until the ganache is hard.
9. Lastly, melt semisweet chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is completely melted.
10. Drizzle melted semisweet chocolate over the top of the cake.
11. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
12. Serve the cake cold and enjoy!