Chocolate Chicken – A downright decadent dish
Let’s face it: Chocolate and chicken might sound like an odd combination, but trust us, when they come together to form the ultimate Chicken Cacao recipe, they make absolute mouthwatering magic!
-6 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts
-1/3 cup cocoa powder
-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
-2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
-1 teaspoon paprika
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon chili powder
-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-Salt and pepper to taste
-1/2 cup butter
-1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
-2 tablespoons water
1. In a shallow bowl, combine the cocoa powder, flour, brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Dredge each chicken breast in the cocoa-flour mixture, pressing firmly to coat both sides.
4. Place the chicken in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
6. In the same skillet, add the butter, chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of water.
7. Stir until the chocolate chips are melted and the sauce is smooth and combined.
8. Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon the sauce over each piece.
9. Serve warm with a side of your favorite vegetables.
A Modern Twist on a Classic Dish
Chocolate Chicken is a delicious twist on a classic dish, merging the comfort food favorite of fried chicken with the indulgence of chocolate. The cocoa and flour mixture add a subtle sweetness, offset by a little kick of spice and the smooth, deep flavor of semi-sweet chocolate chips, all coming together to make the perfect balance of flavors. An innovative combination of the classic Southern-style fried chicken dish with the global flavors of chili, cocoa, and cayenne, this recipe is sure to draw in sweet and savory food-lovers alike. Whether you’re looking for a unique and special meal for a dinner party, or a delicious and unexpected entrée for a family reunion, Chocolate Chicken can lend a distinctive, global flair to your meal.
So gather your ingredients, heat up your skillet, and get ready for a devilishly delicious dish!