Chili Con Carne Recipe
Chili Con Carne is a hearty and delicious dish that is classic for a reason. This chili con carne recipe helps you make this dish in your kitchen, with a few easy to find ingredients. Enjoy cooking this chili con carne and even more, enjoy eating it!
– 2 lbs of extra lean ground beef
– 2 onions, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 green pepper, chopped
– 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
– 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
– 1 can (15.5 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
– 1 tablespoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, add the ground beef over medium-high heat and cook until it is no longer pink. Drain the grease and set beef aside.
2. In the same skillet, add the onions, garlic and green pepper and cook until vegetables are softened, stirring every few minutes.
3. Add the cooked beef back to the skillet and stir to combine.
4. Then add the diced tomatoes, black beans, red kidney beans, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Stir to combine.
5. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!