Tantalising Chicken Bibimbap
Do you love Asian cuisine but always find yourself stuck in a rut, making the same dishes over and over? Then it’s time to introduce something new – and delicious – to your repertoire with this delectable Chicken Bibimbap!
One of the classic dishes of Korean cuisine, Bibimbap is a bowl of steamed rice into which various toppings are layered from traditional meats and vegetables to a delicious chilli pepper sauce. Perfect for sharing, the beauty of this dish is that everyone can assemble their own individual bowl of rice, so it’s easy to tailor each person’s meal to their taste.
– 2 cups of cooked jasmine rice
– 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
– 2-3 cups of various vegetables (bean sprouts, mushrooms, spinach, zucchini, etc.)
– 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
– 1-2 tablespoons of sesame oil
– 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
– 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
– 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
– 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
– 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
– Gochujang sauce for serving
1. Start by preparing the cooked rice, according to instructions on the packet.
2. Prepare the vegetables, julienned carrot, and chicken by thinly slicing into strips. Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and cook until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and stir-fry until they are tender but still crisp. Add the cooked chicken and stir-fry for another minute or two.
4. To assemble the bibimbap, place cooked rice in a bowl and top with cooked vegetables and chicken. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
5. Serve with Gochujang sauce for a delicious Korean-style twist.
This light and flavoursome rice dish is a great way to liven up your next meal. Its versatility allows you to easily switch out the vegetables according to your preferences and it goes beautifully with a variety of sauces. Whether you’re looking for an easy meal in a pinch or want a dish with a cultural twist, Chicken Bibimbap fits the bill – every time!