When you think of a classic meal that’s comforting, homey, and satisfying, it’s hard to beat the combination of Chicken and Mixed Vegetables. This classic dish has roots in many different cuisines, from Italian to Mexican to French, and its flavor profile is a favorite with people of all ages.
With its mix of hearty texture and savory flavor, this one-pot Chicken and Mixed Vegetables dish is the perfect set-it-and-forget-it dinner for your entire family. The combination of chicken, onion, carrots, bell peppers, and mushrooms marinate in a rich and flavorful broth, so you get tender bites of chicken and crunchy bursts of fresh veggies.
In addition to being a tasty treat, this easy-to-make meal is also highly nutritious. The proteins from the chicken and the vitamins found in the vegetables mean you can serve yourself and your family a complete balanced meal.
With a few essential ingredients, you can create an authentic remake of this classic dish. Here’s how:
– 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 carrots, sliced
– 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
– 6 medium brown mushrooms, sliced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/4 cup cooking oil
– 2 cups chicken broth
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the chicken and and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add the onion, carrots, bell pepper, and mushrooms, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute.
5. Pour in the chicken broth and season with black pepper and Italian seasoning.
6. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Serve hot over cooked rice or with a side of crusty bread.
For a classic comfort-food favorite, you really can’t go wrong with this Chicken and Mixed Vegetables dish. Its unique flavor profile and hearty texture make it the perfect one-pot meal. Best of all, it’s simple to make and budget-friendly, making it great for busy weeknight dinners or unexpected last-minute guests. So reach for your favorite cutting board and try this classic dish today!