Indulging in Cashew Butter Chicken
If you’re looking for a unique homemade meal to impress your guests or to treat your family to something special, then you can’t go wrong with cashew butter chicken. The creamy cashew butter paired with the spiciness of the peppers and the sweetness of the pineapple make this dish truly one of a kind. Not only does it allow for creativity in selecting your favorite vegetables and meats, but it also takes very little time to prepare.
- 1 pound chicken, cubed or sliced
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/3 cup of cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 2 green onions, sliced or chopped
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat. When the butter is melted, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the cashew butter, soy sauce, garlic powder, and ginger powder to the skillet. Simmer until the cashew butter has melted and all of the ingredients are well combined, about 2-3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the red bell pepper and pineapple and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Push the chicken aside and add the honey. Simmer for 1 minute and stir to combine.
- Garnish with green onions and serve over rice.
The Perfect Combination
Cashew butter chicken is a truly unique dish. The subtle sweetness of the honey and the creaminess of the cashew butter make for a great combination that will tantalize your taste buds. As a bonus, putting this dish together is incredibly easy and doesn’t require any special skills. Whether you’re making it for a dinner party or just seeing what you can do with a few ingredients, you can be sure to have a hit on your hands.
Cashew butter chicken can take your dinner nights to the next level. Whether you choose to make it with cubed or sliced chicken, you can rest assured knowing your guests will be impressed. As an added bonus, it doesn’t take too much time to prepare either, so you can enjoy a delicious, unique, and sustainable meal any night of the week.