Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
This delicious Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe is the perfect dish for a special dinner. The combination of chicken, pasta, and zesty Cajun spices is sure to result in a winning meal.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) package penne pasta
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken cubes with 1 tablespoon of the Cajun seasoning. Add the chicken cubes to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the garlic, onion, bell peppers, oregano, and remaining 1 tablespoon of the Cajun seasoning to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, penne pasta, and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet, and simmer until the pasta is cooked through but still chewy, about 15 minutes.
- Uncover the skillet and stir in the heavy cream and cooked chicken. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm.