Ah, bubble cake: the dessert that’s always a crowd pleaser. It’s no surprise why. Layered with fluffy, airy sponges and filled with creamy frosting, the bubble cake is ooey, gooey and oh so delicious. There’s nothing quite like the burst of flavor in every bite, tempting your taste buds and making your mouth water in no time.
There’s more to bubble cake than just flavour. This delicious treat also has an interesting cultural heritage. Originating in North America, the bubble cake is an adaptation of another classic dessert, the layer cake. The spongy texture, smooth frosting and unique shape all hark back to its continental roots.
Not sure where to start making your bubble cake? Look no further than this foolproof recipe.
Bubble Cake Recipe
•10 tablespoons butter
•1 cup water
•2 cups all-purpose flour
•2 teaspoons baking powder
•1 teaspoon baking soda
•1 teaspoon salt
•2 teaspoons vanilla extract
•2/3 cup sugar
•3/4 cup buttermilk
•Frosting of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a round cake pan with butter and line the bottom with parchment paper.
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat and add 1 cup of water.
4. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. In a larger bowl, mix together the melted butter mixture, vanilla extract, and sugar.
6. In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk and the dry ingredients, stirring until just mixed.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
9. Spread your desired frosting over the top of the cooled cake.
As well as being quick and easy to make, the bubble cake is extremely versatile. Feel free to play around with the flavors, switch up the frosting options and add whatever toppings you like. The possibilities are limitless! This culinary creation is also a great way to involve children in the kitchen. With just a few simple steps, they can enjoy a fun baking activity as well as a delicious sweet treat at the end.
The bubble cake is certainly a classic dessert that you should have in your baking repertoire. Scrumptious and ever so satisfying, it’s the perfect way to end your next dinner party. So why not give this delightful dish a try and make your guests feel extra special?