Geared up to cook some delicious boiled Indian chicken? Today, we’ll be guiding you through a unique version of this classic dish that is imbued with traditional Indian flavors. Perfect for flavorsome curries, divine sauces and tasty wraps, this boiled chicken recipe has been a treasured part of Indian gastronomy for many years and never fails to surprise.
Boiled Indian Chicken
• 3 ounces boneless chicken
• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 tablespoons onion
• 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 2 teaspoons ginger paste
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons tomato puree
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin powder
• 2 tablespoons yogurt
• Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Start by marinating the chicken with garlic, onion, turmeric powder, and ginger paste. Mix well and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
2. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over a medium flame.
3. Add the marinated chicken and cook until golden brown on all sides.
4. Add the tomato puree, chili powder, cumin powder, and yogurt. Mix well and simmer for a few minutes.
5. Cover the skillet and reduce the heat. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
7. Serve warm over your favorite grains or wrap into delicious tacos. Enjoy!
This easy-to-follow boiled chicken recipe from India brings together the best of tradition with an achingly delicious flavor profile. The combination of fragrant spices and lush chunks of chicken creates an explosion of flavor in your mouth with every bite. What’s more, this lovely dish is ready in no time but tastes like a million bucks. Whether you’re a beginner or a well-seasoned cook, you will find this boiled chicken recipe a pleasure to make.
For a more unique take on boiled chicken, why not try out some global variations? Try Chinese boiled chicken with ginger soy sauce or a Brazilian-style boiled chicken with cilantro and lime. The possibilities are endless!