Banana Bread with Molasses: A Sweet and Delicious Treat
Banana bread is a classic treat that has been enjoyed for generations. But why not spice things up with an extra tasty twist? This recipe for banana bread with molasses is sure to delight everyone in your household. Plus, it won’t take too long to make, giving you more time to savor this delicious bread.
Molasses is a syrup derived from sugar cane. It’s a great source of antioxidants and essential minerals, including iron, calcium, magnesium and more. Plus, its dark color and strong flavor make it an ideal ingredient to add to cakes and breads. Here, it gives the banana bread a subtle but delightful sweet flavor.
For those who don’t have the time but still want a delicious banana bread, this recipe is for you. Plus, if you want to get creative, you can easily modify this recipe by adding walnuts, raisins, cinnamon or whatever other ingredients you prefer.
– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/3 cup light or dark molasses
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1/4 cup butter, softened
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup mashed, ripe bananas
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the molasses, sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly each time.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter-molasses mixture, beating until combined.
6. Add the mashed bananas and mix until combined.
7. Spoon the batter into the greased and floured loaf pan.
8. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Let the banana bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your banana bread with molasses! This sweet treat is sure to be a hit with the whole family.