How to Make Bag Chicken, A Modern Take on a Classic Dish
Are you looking for a different take on chicken? Bag chicken is the perfect recipe for adventurous home chefs! With this innovative cooking technique, you get all the flavor of a classic roasted bird with a modern twist. The rich marinade creates a crunchy outer layer that seals in the juicy chicken beneath. It’s an exotic spin on an everyday ingredient. Here’s how to make this mouthwatering dish.
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 3 teaspoons garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 2 teaspoon sea salt
– 2 teaspoons black pepper
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons melted butter
– Juice of 1 lemon
– 1 large freezer bag
1. Begin by combining the garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Place the chicken breasts in the freezer bag, pour in the olive oil and melted butter, then add the spice mixture. Make sure all the chicken is evenly coated.
3. Squeeze the juice of the lemon into the bag, seal it and rub the juicy marinade all over the chicken.
4. Place the bag in the fridge for 1-2 hours for the flavors to really set in.
5. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
6. Remove the chicken from the bag and place it in an oven-safe dish.
7. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the coating has turned golden and crispy.
8. Serve with fresh vegetables and potatoes for a delicious, complete meal.
Bag chicken is a great way to enjoy the classic flavor of roasted chicken while adding a creative spin. By marinating the chicken and cooking it in the bag, you get the perfect balance of flavor and texture. The marinade is filled with fragrant, Middle-Eastern spices that take the dish to another level. This unique cooking technique is so easy to do, and it will have your family and friends thinking you’re a professional chef! You can even use this same technique with any other type of meat, like pork or lamb. Give it a try!