The Bacardi Coquito is an enchanting and delicious holiday drink, popular in Puerto Rico and quickly becoming a favorite throughout the United States. This creamy, traditional Puerto Rican eggnog-style libation is made with delicious Bacardi Rum, creamy egg yolks, creamy coconut cream, and the most delicious spices including cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. The combination of ingredients create an incredibly smooth and creamy flavor that just screams for the holidays! Below you will find the exact recipe for the Bacardi Coquito which you can share with family and friends during your holiday celebrations.
Bacardi Coquito Recipe
- 1 cup Bacardi Rum, or to taste
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, egg yolks, and honey. Whisk to combine.
- Place the saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is creamy and hot. Do not boil.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice), vanilla extract, and rum.
- Pour the mixture into a pitcher, then chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Or, if you are in a hurry, pour into martini glasses and serve immediately.
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg or a cinnamon stick! Enjoy!