A Tasty and Traditional Amish Chicken Soup Recipe
Are you looking for the ultimate comfort food? Look no further than the traditional Amish Chicken Soup recipe. With its savory ingredients, mild spices, and slow-cooked flavor, this classic chicken soup is sure to bring warmth and satisfaction to any meal.
For centuries, the simple yet flavorful Amish chicken soup has been enjoyed by families throughout the Americas. Blending tastes of the old world with some of the more modern ingredients, this dish continues to delight children and adults alike.
When it comes to preparing this meal, simplicity is key. A handful of ingredients are slowed-simmered together, allowing the flavor to build over time. With no complicated techniques required and a minimal amount of ingredients, this recipe is easy enough even for novice cooks to prepare.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Two cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and diced
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat and add the garlic, onions, carrots, celery, paprika, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cook for 8 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the bay leaves, chicken broth, and chicken pieces. Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Serve warm.
The ideal accompaniment to a bowl of Amish chicken soup is a piece of fresh, warm baked bread that can help to savor the rich, full flavors the soup has to offer. Enjoy this classic and timeless recipe with friends and family, and savor the comforting warmth of a timeless culinary tradition.