Chili is a popular comfort food in America and the variations are endless from classic beef based recipes, to vegetarian and even vegan recipes. Chili is often served over rice, with cheese and sour cream, or wrapped in a tortilla. Whatever your preference, chili is sure to keep you warm on a cold winter’s night!
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 2 bell peppers, seeded and chopped
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon oregano
– 1 can (14.5 – ounces) diced tomatoes and their juices
– 1 can (15 – ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 can (15 – ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic, onion, and bell peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, and oregano. Stir to combine.
4. Add the diced tomatoes, beans, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer.
5. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve over cooked rice or with tortillas, cheese, and sour cream, if desired. Enjoy!