American Apple Crisp: A Beloved Autumn Dessert
Nothing screams autumn quite like a delightful bowl of freshly baked American apple crisp. This all-American favorite captures the flavors of tart apples, crunchy oats and nutty brown sugar in every single bite. Whether you prefer to serve it simply with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream or dusted with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, it’s a timeless recipe that’s sure to be a hit. Read on to learn how to make this classic American apple crisp!
American Apple Crisp Recipe
- 2-3 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Layer the sliced apples in the baking dish. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the apples are tender. Allow to cool before serving.
There you have it! Now that you know how to make American apple crisp, be sure to whip up a batch of this classic dessert the next time you need to win over a crowd! There’s nothing quite like the mouthwatering flavor of fall-inspired spices and tart apples paired with a crumbly oat topping. Enjoy!