Alton Brown’s Perfect Prime Rib
A prime rib roast is one of the most delicious holiday meals you can make. The key to a perfect prime rib is balance – a balance between crisp, caramelized exterior and juicy, flavorful interior. Thanks to the genius of Alton Brown from the Food Network, you’ll be able to make a perfect, juicy prime rib roast with this secret recipe.
Ingredients and Utensils
– 4-5 lb Prime Rib Roast
– 1/4 cup kosher salt
– 1/4 cup freshly ground black pepper
– 1/4 cup granulated Garlic
– 1/4 cup minced fresh Parsley
– Roasting pan with rack
– Aluminum foil
1. Preheat oven to 500°F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, garlic, and parsley.
3. Rub the prime rib roast generously with the salt mixture.
4. Place the roast into a roasting pan, fat side up. Place on a rack.
5. Place the roast in the oven and set a timer for 25 minutes.
6. After 25 minutes, reduce the temperature to 350°F and cover the top of the roast loosely with aluminum foil.
7. Roast until it reaches a temperature of 130°F or desired doneness, about 25 minutes per pound.
8. Take the roast out of the oven and let it rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
9. Slice and enjoy!
Using the careful and clever technique of Alton Brown, you’ll be able to make a perfectly cooked and delicious prime rib roast for your holiday dinners. Start by preheating the oven, then rub the meat with a mixture of salt, pepper, garlic, and parsley and place it in the roasting pan. Then bake it at a high temperature for 25 minutes to get a crisp exterior, followed by a reduced temperature until it reaches your desired temperature. Finally, allow it to rest after removing it from the oven before slicing and serving. With the help of this recipe, you’re sure to wow your guests with the perfect prime rib.