Death by Vanilla Cake
Vanilla can be one of the most comforting flavors out there. It can take us back to childhood memories of licking the last bit of vanilla frosting off your fingers. Now let’s turn your favorite sweet flavor into a devilish cake that will make your taste buds do a jig. Put on your apron and preheat your oven, it’s time to make the ultimate death by vanilla cake.
– 2 ½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
– 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
– ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
– ½ Teaspoon Salt
– ½ Cup Butter
– 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
– 4 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
– 4 Large Eggs
– 1 Cup Whole Milk
– 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Custard Powder
– 1 ½ Cups Heavy Cream
– 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
– Vanilla Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch round cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating until each is incorporated.
4. Beat in half of the flour mixture then stir in the milk. Beat in remaining flour mixture until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely.
6. In a medium bowl, whip together the heavy cream, custard powder, and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
7. Cut the cooled cake into three layers, making sure to spread a dallop of vanilla frosting on each layer. Then spread the whipped cream onto the entire cake.
8. Top with a generous layer of vanilla frosting and some freshly grated vanilla bean (optional).
9. Serve and enjoy!