- 2 cups Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups Buttermilk
- 4 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- red food coloring
Vanilla Cream Cheese Syrup
- 3 Tablespoon Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ to ½ cup milk
- Sift together dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add eggs, Buttermilk, and butter.
- Stir together, but don’t over-mix. There will be a few lumps in your batter.
- Pull out about 1/2 cup of the batter and set aside in a squeeze bottle. This will be your white swirl batter.
- Add food coloring to the rest of the pancake batter.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes so the batter can rise a bit.
- Pour batter onto griddle and then take your white batter and squeeze a thin swirl onto the top of your pancake.
- Cook on medium to medium high heat until bubbles form on the top of your pancake.
- Flip and cook on the other side.
- To prevent your pancakes from browning and hiding your white swirl, the key is to cooking them slower over a lower heat.
- Mix together your syrup and add just enough milk to get the desired consistency for your syrup by adding a couple of Tablespoons of milk at a time.