Tantalizingly Sweet Zingermans Coffee Cake Recipe
Do you ever get a craving for something sweet and tantalizing? Everyone knows the classic coffee cake, but Zingermans Coffee Cake is something really special. With its unique combination of flavors, it’s sure to impress your guests and tantalize your taste buds.
– 1/2 cup butter, softened
– 2/3 cup sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup milk
– 2/3 cup brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
– 1/3 cup raisins
– 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 8×8 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and the 2/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the milk until just combined.
4. Spread the batter in the prepared pan. In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, walnuts and raisins. Sprinkle the mixture over the cake. Drizzle the melted butter over the walnuts and raisins.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before cutting and serving.
Taste the delightful harmony of buttery golden cake, crumbly brown sugar and cinnamon, sweet raisins and walnuts that’s distinctively Zingermans Coffee Cake. The unique ingredients pair up to create a moist, flavorful cake that’s a delightful addition to any occasion. Serve hot, with coffee or your favorite beverage. Enjoy!