Bison Chili With Sweet Potato Recipe
If you think you’ve had good chili before, you haven’t had real chili until you try this delicious bison chili with sweet potato! Featuring hearty bison as the main ingredient and a combination of spices and vegetables, this is one chili that you won’t forget soon. This deliciously-flavored chili is perfect for game day, dinner, or any other occasion that calls for a savory bowl of chili. The sweet potato adds a touch of sweetness that is balanced out by the savory ground bison, creating an irresistibly tasty chili combination. Try out this unique chili today and you won’t be disappointed!
-1 pound of ground bison
-2 tablespoons of olive oil
-1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
-1 green bell pepper, diced
-1 yellow onion, diced
-3 cloves of garlic, minced
-2 tablespoons of chili powder
-1 teaspoon of cumin
-1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
-1 teaspoon of fresh oregano, chopped
-1 teaspoon of sea salt
-1 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
-1 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
-1 cup of chicken or beef broth
-Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add ground bison and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned.
3. Add sweet potato, bell pepper, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano and sea salt. Cook for 5-7 minutes until vegetables are tender.
4. Add crushed tomatoes, black beans and broth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Serve with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
If you’re looking for a unique twist on chili, you have to try out this bison chili with sweet potato. It’s a delicious combination of flavors that’ll make your taste buds sing. There’s something about bison and sweet potato that just pair perfectly together and add a touch of sweetness that contrasts the savory flavors of the other ingredients. It’s perfect for game day, dinner, or any other occasion that calls for chili. Give this recipe a try and you won’t be disappointed!