Worcestershire Sauce Chicken – An Easy yet Flavorful Dish
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dish that packs a lot of flavor, you won’t want to miss out on this Worcestershire sauce chicken! This versatile recipe can be enjoyed as an entree or side dish, or you can easily toss it in a wrap for a scrumptious lunch.
The unique Worcestershire sauce marinade results in a juicy and tender chicken, bursting with umami flavors. Worcestershire sauce dates back to the 1800s when it was created in Worcester, adding a hint of British essence to this dish.
– 2 boneless chicken breasts
– 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
– 2 cloves minced garlic
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Lemon juice to taste (optional)
1. Wash the chicken breasts and cut into 1-inch cubes.
2. In a bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, cornstarch, and olive oil. Mix well.
3. Put the chicken cubes into the marinade and let it sit for 15 minutes.
4. Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and add the marinated chicken cubes.
5. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and flipping to ensure even cooking.
6. Once cooked, squeeze fresh lemon juice over the chicken for a touch of citrus.
7. Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!
The Worcestershire sauce marinade is what makes this dish stand out, creating incredibly moist and tender chicken without the lengthy brining that other recipes might require. And the garlic and cornstarch add the perfect texture and flavor. The cost of this dish is quite low, making it perfect for busy household cooks.
If you’re looking to try out something new, and yet remain familiar, this Worcestershire sauce chicken is perfect. It’s a classic British dish that we’ve all come to enjoy over the years, but this recipe serves it up with an extra dash of flavor.