A Loaf of Love: An Easy Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
It’s always a pleasure when a batch of homemade bread comes out of the oven, with its golden crust, earthy aroma, and fluffy texture. This whole wheat bread is no exception – it has all the components of a delicious, rustic loaf that you and your family and friends will love.
From its hearty whole wheat flour, to its mild sweetness and toasty crust, it has all the makings of a classic homemade bread. There are few things more satisfying than slicing into a warm loaf of your own handmade creation, and this healthy and flavorful recipe makes it easy.
– 2 cups of organic whole wheat flour
– 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
– 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon of sea salt
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1 ½ cups of room temperature water
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
2. Add 1 1/2 cups of warm water and stir until a shaggy dough forms.
3. Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic.
4. Cover the bowl and let the dough rise until doubled in size.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Grease a 9-inch round pan with oil or butter.
7. Punch down the dough and shape it into a round.
8. Place the dough in the pan and let it rise again until it nearly doubles in size.
9. Bake the bread for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Let cool before slicing.
The beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity. This basic whole wheat bread is a wonderfully versatile canvas for all sorts of flavors – try adding fresh herbs, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, or nuts and seeds. And by varying the water temperature, you tailor the flavor, texture, and rise of the bread. Keep experimenting to truly develop your baking skills and get the perfect loaf time after time.
This recipe is a great gateway into the world of bread baking and a delightful way to fill your home with the comforting aroma of freshly baked bread.