Welcome to the world of Whole Foods Blackened Chicken Salad – a flavorful and hearty dish perfect for any time of the year! One of the great things about this recipe is that it takes ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry or refrigerator and transforms them into something positively delicious.
The star of the show here is the crispy chicken, which is seasoned with paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, and black pepper before being blackened in a hot skillet. To make sure that this dish is bursting with flavor, you’ll also want to add a few slices of bacon, some garlic, and cherry tomatoes. To round out this salad, you’ll be tossing together some romaine lettuce, cucumber, and red onion with a tangy-tart dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey.
This Whole Foods Blackened Chicken Salad will truly leave your taste buds singing! The slightly smoky char of the chicken, combined with the smoky-sweet bacon and the tangy-tart dressing featuring flavorful Dijon mustard, will give this dish a complex flavor that emphasizes the freshness of the accompanying vegetables and greens. While this recipe does use some fairly common ingredients, we’ve managed to make something quite unique in the way we combined them.
The best part about this Whole Foods Blackened Chicken Salad is that it only takes a few minutes to prepare when you use pre-cooked chicken. We often put this together after a busy day, when we’re in need of something that’s both hearty and healthy. It’s a bright and tasty supper that’s sure to delight.
If you’re looking for some more creative salad ideas, check out our freshly-updated list of the best salad recipes from around the world. With its vibrant flavors and heavenly combination of textures, Whole Foods Blackened Chicken Salad is sure to be a hit with your family!
Whole Foods Blackened Chicken Salad
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” cubes
• 2 tablespoons paprika
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 2-3 slices bacon, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2-3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
• ½ cup cucumber, diced
• ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 2 teaspoons honey
1. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. In a shallow bowl, mix the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper together.
3. Season the chicken cubes with the spices, then place them in the hot skillet and cook, flipping them occasionally, until they are cooked through and lightly blackened, about 8-10 minutes.
4. When the chicken is cooked through, add the bacon, garlic, and cherry tomatoes to the skillet and cook until the bacon is crisp and the tomatoes are lightly charred, about 5-7 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, cucumber, and red onion.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey for the dressing.
7. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
8. Add the blackened chicken and bacon mixture to the salad and toss to combine.
9. Serve immediately. Enjoy!