Werther’s Cookies – A Sweet Treat To Make Any Occasion Special
Have you ever wanted to impress your guests with an amazing dessert that is both delicious and visually appealing? Look no further than the famed Werther’s Cookies! These classic German cookies feature a rich, buttery caramel taste and are only beaten in popularity by the iconic Werther’s Original Caramels. Perfect for special occasions or just to enjoy as a treat, they’re sure to make any event even more memorable.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup lightly salted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Werther’s Original Caramels, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until fully combined, then stir in the caramels and walnuts if using. Drop by spoonfuls onto the parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden and the caramels are molten and slightly caramelized. Allow to cool on the baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
We adore Werther’s Cookies for their unique combination of classic cookie flavors and melty, caramel goodness. Whether you’re hosting an event or just want a treat to enjoy with some friends, this recipe is sure to please. The warm smell of buttery caramel and sugary sweetness filling your house will make any occasion a memorable one.
For those who want to switch things up, try our cousin of the Werther’s Cookie: Soft Chocolate Chip Caramel Bars. Or, for those who want to keep it traditional, check out our classic Italian Cannoli recipe. No matter which sweet treat you choose, you can be sure you’ll be getting a dessert that’s perfect for any special event. Enjoy!