Refreshing Watermelon Chicken
When you think of summer dishes, you may immediately think of fresh salads, but what about something that’s both tasty and cool? Meet Watermelon Chicken, the perfect combination for hot summer days. This easy-to-make dish combines sweet watermelon, savory Barbeque chicken and a few other tasty ingredients to make an amazing meal or side dish.
1. 2 cups of diced cooked chicken
2. ½ cup of BBQ sauce
3. 2 cups of diced watermelon
4. ½ cup of scallions, chopped
5. ¼ cup of feta cheese, crumbled
6. 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
7. 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place chicken in a baking dish.
3. Drizzle BBQ sauce over chicken and stir to combine.
4. Bake in preheated oven until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
5. Place cooked chicken in a large bowl and add watermelon, scallions, feta cheese, olive oil and thyme.
6. Gently stir to combine.
7. Serve chilled and enjoy.
Watermelon Chicken Salad
If you’re looking for something a bit different from the usual summer salad, this Watermelon Chicken Salad is sure to tantalize your taste buds. The combination of sweet, tangy, and savory flavors make this a unique and satisfying salad.
1. 1 lb of cooked chicken, diced
2. 2 cups of diced watermelon
3. ½ cup of celery, diced
4. ¼ cup of feta cheese, crumbled
5. 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
6. 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
7. 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
8. 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
9. Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place cooked chicken, watermelon, celery, feta cheese and parsley in a large bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and garlic powder.
3. Pour olive oil mixture over chicken and vegetables and stir gently to combine.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve chilled and enjoy.
Enjoy a cool and savory summer meal with these delicious Watermelon Chicken recipes. The combination of sweet watermelon and savory chicken creates a unique and perfectly balanced summer dish that’s perfect for those hot summer days. So grab an apron, your favorite BBQ sauce and get cooking!