4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
28 ounces chickpeas, drained
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 carrot, grated
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 scallions, chopped
1/4 cup parsley and cilantro, mixed
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
Juice of 1 lemon
Zest of 2 lemons
3 tablespoons tahini, not raw
2 tablespoons water
1. In a bowl, combine sweet potatoes, half of minced garlic, cinnamon, red chili pepper, cardamom, allspice and a bit of salt. Toss well with a bit of olive oil.
2. Bake in an oven preheated to 425 degrees until soft, approximately 35-45 minutes.
3. While potatoes bake, combine chickpeas, carrot, scallions, red onions and lemon zest. Set aside.
4. In a smaller bowl, whisk tahini, lemon juice, remaining garlic and water. Drizzle in olive oil and whisk until dressing reaches desired consistency.
5. Once potatoes are done, allow to cool a bit, approximately 15 minutes.
6. Add roasted sweet potatoes to chickpea mixture.* Toss with tahini dressing. Salt to taste.
*We read that any leftovers can sit, with a bit of dressing, in the fridge and still taste just super. Not that we didn’t believe anyone…but we kept the dressing separate and combined them as necessary prior to eating. This is only relevant if you have leftovers though!