Grandma’s Vintage Chili Recipe Card
Welcome to my collection of vintage recipes, and today I have a delicious chili recipe just like Grandma used to make! With warm spices and the perfect blend of tomatoes and beans, you’ll be sure to have the most flavorful chili your family has ever tasted!
● 2 pounds ground beef
● 1 onion, diced
● 2 cloves of garlic, minced
● 1 green bell pepper, chopped
● 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
● 2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes
● 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
● 2 tablespoons chili powder
● 1 teaspoon ground cumin
● 1 teaspoon dried oregano
● 1 teaspoon salt
● 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, onions, garlic and bell pepper until beef is browned and vegetables are tender.
2. Add the beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and all the spices. Stir everything together and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low and let chili simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Serve instantly with your favorite toppings such as cheese, sour cream and chives. Enjoy!