Vietnamese Xoi Ga Recipe
Vietnamese Xoi Ga or Sticky Rice with Chicken is a comfort dish of perfectly cooked chicken atop a bed of sticky rice. It is undoubtedly the most beloved Vietnamese dish and a favorite of many. Xoi Ga is quintessentially Vietnamese and with just a few simple ingredients and steps, you can make this dish in the comfort of your own home.
• 2 cups of Chinese sticky rice
• 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 2 teaspoon of minced garlic
• 2 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
• 2 tablespoon of fish sauce
• 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
• 2 cups of vegetable broth
• 1 spring onion, chopped
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Start by soaking the Chinese sticky rice in cold water overnight. The next day, drain the water completely and steam the sticky rice for 30 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the minced garlic, ginger, fish sauce, vegetable oil, and vegetable broth. Then season the mixture with salt and pepper and add the chicken to the mixture. Let the chicken marinate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Then, take the chicken out of the mixture and add it to the skillet. Cook the chicken for about 8-10 minutes, until it is cooked through.
4. In a large bowl, combine the cooked sticky rice and the cooked chicken. Mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the sticky rice.
5. Serve the Xoi Ga in a large bowl, topped with the chopped spring onion. Enjoy!