Vietnamese Thit Heo Nuong Recipe
Vietnamese Thit Heo Nuong is a classic dish consisting of grilled pork and fresh herbs, traditionally served with nuoc cham sauce. It’s a popular dish in Vietnam and perfect for a cozy dinner at home. This recipe is a simplified version using store-bought ingredients and an easy-to-follow cooking process.
– 1 lb. Pork Loin
– 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon fish sauce
– 1 tablespoon honey
– 1 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 teaspoon Vietnamese five-spice
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime or lemon juice
– Chopped cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a bowl, combine dark brown sugar, fish sauce, honey, garlic, and Vietnamese five-spice. Whisk together until combined.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Massage the pork loin with the marinade, then heat it in the preheated skillet. Sear each side of the pork loin until lightly browned and caramelized, 4-5 minutes per side.
5. Place skillet in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, and rest for 10 minutes. Slice against the grain.
7. Serve pork with freshly-squeezed lime or lemon juice and chopped cilantro for garnish. Enjoy!