Vietnamese Thit Bo Xao
Vietnamese Thit Bo Xao is a traditional dish found in Vietnam. This delicious stir fry dish is a popular street food and is served during meals, or in between meals. The beef is cooked quickly with a combination of garlic and onion, and served with a variety of fresh herbs and vegetables and a spicy dipping sauce.
This dish is simple to make but has a lot of flavor. By using fresh ingredients and a few spices, you can recreate this traditional dish without having to travel to Vietnam. All the ingredients can be easily found at any Asian grocer and the instructions are very simple.
Try this recipe for a traditional taste of Vietnam, and enjoy this delicious dish with your family and friends.
- 1 lb. beef steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup julienne carrots
- 1/2 cup julienne cucumbers
- 1 red chili, chopped (optional)
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges (for garnish)
- In a wok or medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef strips and cook until they are browned and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the fish sauce, honey and soy sauce and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh herbs, carrots, cucumbers and chili (if using). Cook for 1 minute.
- Serve the Vietnamese Thit Bo Xao with the lime wedges for garnish.