Vietnamese Ginger Chicken
Vietnamese Ginger Chicken is a delicious and flavorful dish that’s easy to make. The combination of garlic, spices, and fresh ginger create an aromatic and unique flavor. The soft, tender chicken is lightly battered and fried until golden brown, then covered in an irresistible ginger sauce. It’s the perfect meal for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
This ginger chicken recipe is easy to customize. You can add more or less of the spices depending on your preference. Some people like to add a pinch of sugar or honey to tone down the spicy ginger flavor. You can also add some diced chilies or crushed red pepper flakes for a little extra kick. Serve this Vietnamese ginger chicken with steamed rice or a side of stir-fried vegetables.
-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
-1 tablespoon rice flour
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon ginger powder
-1 teaspoon black pepper
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/4 cup vegetable oil
-1/4 cup soy sauce
-2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1. In a large bowl, combine the rice flour, garlic powder, ginger powder, black pepper, and salt.
2. Add the chicken cubes to the bowl, and toss to coat.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
4. Add the chicken cubes and fry until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice.
6. Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir to combine.
7. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
8. Serve the Vietnamese ginger chicken over steamed rice or with a side of stir-fried vegetables. Enjoy!