Vietnamese Bun Cha Recipe
Vietnamese Bun Cha is a delicious grilled pork dish that is popular all over the world. It’s an easy-to-make and flavorful dish that consists of grilled pork, fresh herbs, pickled vegetables, and a savory dipping sauce.
This appetizing dish is loved for its combination of textures and flavors. The salty pork pairs perfectly with the vinegar-based pickled vegetables, the tender herbs give it a delicate flavor, and the dipping sauce brings all the elements together. Plus, this classic Vietnamese dish is sure to please everyone at the dinner table.
Ready to get started? Here’s how to make Bun Cha at home:
- 1 lb. of ground pork
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 bunches fresh herbs (cilantro, mint, and/or thai basil)
- 1/4 cup pickled vegetables (carrots and daikon)
- Vermicelli or rice noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, fish sauce, sugar, white vinegar, minced garlic, and black pepper. Mix well and set aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Heat a large grill or skillet over medium heat and add the vegetable oil. Form the pork mixture into small patties and place them on the heated grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
- While the pork is grilling, arrange the fresh herbs, pickled vegetables, and vermicelli or rice noodles on a large plate.
- Once the pork is finished, take the patties off the heat and place them on the plate. Serve with a bowl of the dipping sauce on the side.
And there you have it – an authentic Vietnamese Bun Cha dish that you can make in the comfort of your own home. Serve this flavorful main dish with fresh herbs, pickled vegetables, noodles, and a bowl of dipping sauce- and enjoy!