Vietnamese Bo Nuong La Lot
For those who love the umami flavors of wood-grilled dishes, Vietnamese Bo Nuong La Lot is sure to tantalize your taste buds. This simple-yet-flavorful dish is filled with wood-grilled beef, herbs and vermicelli noodles for a unique twist on beef that you won’t soon forget. Here’s how to make it.
– 16 Whole La Lot Leaves
– 10 oz (283 g) Ground Beef
– 1/2 Tbsp (7 g) Salt
– 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Water
– 3 Shallots, minced
– 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
– 1/2 Tbsp (7 g) Sugar
– 1 tsp (5 ml) Fish Sauce
– 1/2 Tbsp (7 g) Ground Black Pepper
– 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Vegetable Oil
– 2 Handfuls (200 g) Vermicelli Noodles
– 1/2 of a Lime, Juiced
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, water, shallots, garlic, sugar, fish sauce, and black pepper until evenly combined.
2. Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the beef mixture and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up the pieces.
3. Reduce the heat to low, cover the wok and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, cook the vermicelli noodles according to package instructions.
5. Once the beef is cooked, assemble the Bo Nuong La Lot. Take a la lot leaf and add a spoonful of the beef mixture in the center. Drizzle with a little lime juice and top with a handful of the vermicelli noodles. Wrap the la lot leaf to enclose the filling. Repeat with the remaining la lot leaves and filling.
6. Serve the Bo Nuong La Lot with additional lime wedges and your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!