Vietnamese Banh Bong Lan (Vanilla Sponge Cake)
Banh Bong Lan is a popular Vietnamese sponge cake traditionally made with vanilla, but can be made with other flavors like chocolate, fruit, and coffee. This traditional cake is a classic, decadent dessert and is easy to make at home. The light and airy texture of the cake will make every bite a delight.
– 250g of cake flour
– 4 tsp of baking powder
– 6 eggs
– 250g of powdered sugar
– 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 2 tablespoons of water
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the cake flour and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and powdered sugar until creamy.
4. Gradually add the vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and salt while whisking until fully combined.
5. Add the sifted flour and baking powder to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
6. Lastly, add the water and mix until the batter is just combined.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and enjoy!