A Taste-Bud Tingling VFW Chicken Dish
It’s time to dish up some serious flavor with this classic VFW Chicken recipe! This dish is packed with aromatic spices and an array of tasty ingredients that are sure to tantalize your taste buds. From the sizzling garlic and onions to the smoked paprika and cumin, each bite is an adventure in flavor.
As the name suggests, this recipe has a strong connection to veterans of the Armed Forces. Its roots go back to World War II, when soldiers would cook the dish up over open fires, using everyday ingredients and whatever spices they could find. The result is a unique and delicious dish beloved by soldiers and civilians alike.
This version of the recipe combines elements of French, Middle Eastern, and Southern cooking. The combination of herbs and spices blend together to create an unforgettable experience. It starts off with a rich garlic and onion paste, followed by a sizzling mix of cumin, smoked paprika and oregano.
VFW Chicken Recipe
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup olives
- Fresh oregano for garnish
- In a bowl, mix together the onion, garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, salt and olive oil.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 7-10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the white wine and deglaze the pan, scraping up any browned bits.
- Add the chicken broth, cherry tomatoes and olives to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh oregano and serve. Enjoy!
There’s no better way to bring flavors from around the world to your dinner table than with this exciting VFW Chicken dish. From its unique mix of herbs and spices to its impressive combination of textures and colors, this is the perfect meal to impress your guests. Whether you’re a veteran or a civilian, this classic recipe is sure to please!