Very Berry Cake: An All-Around Favorite
Everybody has a favorite cake, and the very berry cake is a favorite in many households around the world. From birthdays to family get togethers, this delicious cake never fails to please all who indulge. What makes this cake so special? Well, its combination of moist and flavorful cake and tart, sweet, and tangy berry toppings make it an unforgettable treat.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mixed berries
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease and flour an 8-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and white sugar.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and spread evenly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mixed berries with the melted butter, white sugar, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Stir until mixed.
- Spread the berry mixture on top of the cake batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool before serving.
What Makes This Cake So Superb
The very berry cake is a truly noteworthy treat. Its delightful flavor and texture make it a perfect dessert for any occasion. Its layers of light, tender cake, along with the flavorful berry mix make it a unique combination of sweet and tart. The berry mix has a surprisingly delectable combination of flavors, including the sweet notes of the white and brown sugars and the warmth of the aromatic ground cinnamon. Whether you enjoy a slice at a gathering, or enjoy it on your own, the very berry cake will not disappoint.