Veggie Bread – An Easy and Nutritious Recipe
For a tasty and nutritious lunch, nothing beats homemade Veggie Bread. Filled with vegetables, protein and fiber, it packs in the nutrition and can be enjoyed by the entire family.
· 4 cups whole wheat flour
· 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
· 1 teaspoon sugar
· 2 cups warm water
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 2 cups shredded vegetables (your choice)
· sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar, and sea salt.
2. Pour in the warm water and olive oil, then mix until a soft dough forms.
3. Fold in the shredded vegetables until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
4. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until it is smooth and elastic.
5. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours.
6. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
7. Lightly knead the dough then shape it into a loaf.
8. Place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 40 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool before slicing and serving.
Veggie Bread is an easy to make and delicious lunch or snack option, perfect for busy households or when you want to prepare a healthy meal. With its unique combination of flavors and textures, it can be adapted to suit everyone’s tastes and preferences.
If you’re looking for a vegetarian main dish option, you could use Veggie Bread as a base for a vegetable- packed tart or even turn it into a burger patty. Or why not try a Mediterranean twist and prepare a veggie focaccia topped with olives, sundried tomatoes, and oregano?
No matter how you decide to use it, Veggie Bread is a great way to serve up a nutritious and tasty dish that the whole family can enjoy.