Vegan Valentine Cookies
Tis the season for snuggling up at home on the couch with a bowl of fresh-baked vegan Valentine cookies! Better than any store bought box of chocolates, these sweet and chewy treats are sure to warm the heart of even the most unsuspecting vegan Valentine. With a melt-in-your-mouth texture and festive red and white decoration, these heart-shaped cookies look as delightful as they taste. Let’s get baking!
• 2 cups all-purpose vegan baking flour
• ¾ cup vegan butter
• 2 tablespoons whole chia seed
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
•½ teaspoon pink pinkor red food coloring
• 1 cup vegan white chocolate chips
• ¼ cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the vegan butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose vegan baking flour, chia seed, baking powder, and cinnamon.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined. If the mixture is too thick, add a touch more butter or a couple tablespoons of plant-based milk.
5. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it on a lightly floured surface for about a minute, until it forms a soft but pliable dough.
6. Divide the dough into two equal-sized portions, using the palm of your hand, flatten each piece of dough, and add a few drops of the pink or red food coloring, knead the dough until the food coloring is distributed evenly.
7. Now it’s time to form the cookies! Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is about ¼ inch thick, then use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the cookies.
8. Place the cookies onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden brown.
9. Once the cookies are removed from the oven, add the vegan white chocolate chips to the top of each cookie and gently press down.
10. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Enjoy with a hot mug of plant-based milk and your special vegan Valentine! Why not sneak in a few mini vegan almond butter chocolates for an extra special treat?
These vegan Valentine cookies are a simple and delicious recipe that celebrates the joys of home baking. With the perfect mix of sweet, chewy and crunchy, it brings the joys of love and friendship to your table. And with an added sprinkle of festive pink and white, these Valentine cookies are a sure-fire way to put a smile on anyone’s face.